The Law of Awareness – You Must Know Yourself to Grow Yourself
As we all know, we are all unique. That’s why we are referred to as individuals. Hence, while the StrengthFinders test uses 34 categories no one will have the same way of using their strengths even when their top 5 strengths are the same. We are therefore expected to have different management styles, and ultimately, different ways to lead.
People like to follow others that have achieved greatness. Greatness is only achieved when we have passion for what we do. Passion is what keeps us going, is the fuel of the soul, and the gate to happiness. In order to find our passion, we must use the law of awareness.
- What are my strengths? What’s my passion?
- What style of leadership I want to use?
- When I rotate out or my staff moves out, how do I want them to describe me?
- What methods serve me well to explain my ideas, and to teach others?
- Do I use stories, orders, or reflective questions?
- Text, presentations, examples, voice messaging?
- What’s my connecting approach?
- Ask about their life? Share a personal story of mine?
- What’s my appreciation language?
These are just a few of the questions we must ask ourselves. The truth is that the principles of leadership are always constant but not every single one of them will work for us. There thousands of ways to connect with people, but only a few will by our best and the most genuine for our personality and character.
After all, don’t we all want to see truthfulness and authenticity in our leader’s actions and words?
The law of awareness is the start of our journey to discover our leadership style and potential.
Para la versión en español presione aquí.