We spend a lot of time worrying about tasks, situations, people, and things. How much time do we spend worrying about what’s within us?
In the process of controlling the perfect image we forget to define, focus, and act on why we are here in the first place.
- Why do I exist?
- What defines me?
- What feels right for me?
We forget to live a life of meaning. We think possessions and titles will make us happy. We give others power over our emotions and behaviors. But what do we stand for?
If you find yourself going through the motions and letting external forces control you, you might be living a life worth wasting.
There would no reason to exist if we are just going to let life happen to us instead of making life happen.
So, How do we turn it around? How do we find purpose?
- Accept it’s a process not an event.
- Be willing to pay the price.
- It’s okay to not be great at first.
- No one else can do this for you.
A life worth living starts with us claiming our value and our place in this world. It starts with:
- We must first believe that there’s an valuable reason for us to be alive.
- There’s something we can do that no one else can.
- Unless we believe, nothing others may say or do will get us moving in the right direction.
- We must recognize and accept our current situation.
- It’s the starting line; the place where we are supposed to be at the moment; the beginning to an amazing journey.
- What moments in life light a fire within me?
- What activities give me energy? Which ones take it away?
- What skills come out naturally and intuitively for me?
- When have I felt the most fulfilled?
- We must know ourselves first before we can figure out what we are meant to do.
- You have finished a great work. You feel fulfilled. You just finishing doing something you love; something significant. What did you just finished? Describe it for me.
- Whatever it is, that’s the goal based on our current level of awareness. It will change as we grow, but that’s a topic of the future.
- The point is simple: what would you do if you couldn’t fail?
- Take the first step. Which step? IT DOESN’T MATTER
- What matters most is to purposely move towards the goal.
- What works for you, may not work for others.
- Be willing to fail. Be willing to be uncomfortable. It’s better to be an uncomfortable failure and an unfulfilled success.
What can you do right now to start moving closer to your purpose and passion?