As I sit in the break room preparing for the day, I can’t help but notice how many things I have been doing to avoid acting on the things I want to get done.
- Prepare the leaders development lesson.
- Planning the leadership summit I am organizing for November.
- Moving along on my coaching certification.
- Prepare my presentation for a perfect experience project.
- Tending to my followers needs.
- Creating workshop content and scheduling study groups.
- Generating ideas to increase my team’s influence.
- Work on development plans for my team.
These are all things that I give me energy and somehow I find myself avoiding them.
Have you found yourself doing the same thing?
I don’t really think by delay is out of fear of failure. I think it’s more about the fear of letting go of how comfortable life is at the moment.
The mind has a sick way of working for our safety.
Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will rule your life and you will call it fate. – Carl Jung