I was born and raised in Panama by a perfectionist intelligent father and a caring and patient mother. They made sure I had a fun and comfortable childhood. In many ways I was privileged.
I ended up in the U.S.A. out of encouragement from my mother to learn a second language and receive a better education in the process.
I ended up making a living as an actuary. But my passion is nowhere near number crunching. My purpose is to help you breakthrough self-limiting beliefs by using the power of questions.
This passion started evolving thanks to my father’s constant reminder: “Do you want to be like everyone else?”
This question has propelled me to challenge the status quo and start doing everything with purpose.
Here are my top 5 beliefs (Values) that drive my existence:
- I believe that truth sets us free whether painful or pleasant. (Honesty)
- Greatness doesn’t come from knowledge or intelligence; knowing how and when to use it, does. (Wisdom)
- Great leadership comes from having to guts to make the tough decision even when everyone around me disagrees. (Courage)
- Great leaders are concise and precise, no fancy words, no complex models. (Simplicity)
- Relationships make anything possible. (Family)
Here are my areas of strength:
- Deliberative – I like to think about things thoroughly. At times, I suffer from analysis paralysis. This serves me well when it’s time to set vision and chart the course.
- Connectedness – I’m great at connecting the dots and determining how my actions will impact the entire picture.
- Communication – Expressing an idea clearly and succinctly is child’s play.
- Learner – I look to learn something from any situation.
- Individualization – I love the concept of customizing everything.
Some of the quotes I’m currently studying:
- “No one who fears the Lord need ever hesitate, or ever be daunted, since the Lord is his hope.” – Ecclesiasticus/Sirach 34:14
- “We are well aware that God works with those who love him, those who have been called in accordance with his purpose, and turns everything to their good.” – Romans 8:28
- “Success is the peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming” – John Wooden
- “Where there’s a void, negativity fills it” – Jon Gordon